Chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella and a fresh basil-pesto. These simple ingredients are transformed into a decadent classic with a twist. Layering everything onto a kebab is a unique take on a delicious recipe. Double the recipe and cater a party or make just enough for your family. Either way this is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser!
- 1 3/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. grape tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) package mozzarella balls, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp store-bought or homemade balsamic glaze
- 2 cups (40g) slightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (1 1/2 tsp)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (regular or extra virgin)
If using wooden skewers soak in water at least 1 hour. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees. Thread chicken and tomatoes onto skewers. Brush both sides with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill chicken kebabs about 4 – 6 minutes per side. Meanwhile prepare pesto, in a food processor pulse basil, Parmesan, pine nuts and garlic several times until minced. Season with salt and pepper to taste and with food processor running slowly pour in olive oil until mixture begins to thicken. Once the kebabs have cooked through remove from grill and thread one mozzarella ball onto each end of the skewer, spoon pesto over kebabs and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve warm.
Need help reaching your goals? Sign up for our 10-Day FREE Personal Training Experience!
Members and Non-Members Welcome. Click HERE to get started!
Better Gyms. Better Workouts. Better RESULTS!