Looking for a super fast weeknight dinner? This one tastes just like Korean BBQ and it’s ready in just 15 minutes, start to finish! It doesn’t get any easier (or yummier) than this!
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups pre-shredded cabbage, coleslaw (cabbage and carrots) or broccoli slaw mix
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger.
Heat vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground beef and cabbage mix and cook until ground beef is browned and cabbage is wilted, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
Stir in soy sauce mixture and green onions until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired. Delicious on its own, in lettuce wraps, or over rice.
You can substitute ground turkey, ground chicken, or vegetarian meatless crumbles for the ground beef. We also tried this recipe with very thinly sliced lean beef with great results. The leftovers were fantastic served as a cold salad with rice, garnished with thinly sliced green onions, chopped cucumber and a drizzle of sriracha mayo.
(please note: nutrition information is for the recipe as published.)
Looking for more quick, easy recipes? Find another of our favorites HERE!
* recipe adapted from DamnDelicious.net