chicken with tomatoes and capers
Super easy to make, and there were no leftovers, so we’d say this is a winner ! (serves 4)
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 4-oz. skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 medium shallots – chopped
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes – no salt added
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons diced black olives
- fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil over medium high heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 – 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf and thyme. Season with pepper if desired. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add capers, olives, and chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and is cooked through.
- Remove bay leaf, sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired, and serve.
This is delicious with pasta or rice, served with steamed green beans, or with a simple green salad ! ENJOY !!
Looking for another delicious dinner option? Check out our white chicken chili recipe HERE!