quick, easy, and healthy fish tacos
Like so many others, we’ve made a vow to eat better. Are you looking for healthy, quick, and easy dinner idea to help you with that same goal? Look no further! Fish tacos with chili-lime cream come in at just 278 calories per serving. The 14 grams of fat per serving may look like a lot, but most of those are “healthy fat” from the avocado.
Not all fat is bad. In an avocado, most of the calories come from monounsaturated fat, the “good” kind of fat that lower your LDL cholesterol, which is harmful to your body.
You can lower the total fat content by using low or non-fat sour cream if you desire.
Fish Tacos With Chili-Lime Cream – Serves 4
- 1 lb fresh tilapia or cod fillets
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, halved
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage mix
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Bottled hot pepper sauce to taste
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle fish with ¼ teaspoon of the chili powder and ¼ teaspoon salt
- For chili-lime cream, in a bowl squeeze2 teaspoons of juice from half the lime. Stir in garlic powder, remaining chili powder and sour cream. Set aside.
- Cut remaining lime half into wedges for serving
- Place fish on unheated, greased broiler rack. Tuck under thin edges. Broil fish 4 inches from heat, 4 – 6 minutes per ½ inch thickness, until fish flakes with a fork. Break into chunks.
- Warm tortillas in oven on lowest rack
- Serve tacos with cabbage, chili-lime cream, avocados, tomatoes, lime and pepper sauce
Quick and Easy !! Enjoy !!
Serving Size: 2 tacos. Each Serving: 278 cal. 14g fat (5g sat.fat)
For another great fish taco recipe, click HERE!